Friday, February 13, 2009

My BYU Music Camps

BYU Music Camp 1994
(I'm at the top)

BYU Music Camp 1995
(lunchtime with friends)

BYU Music Camp 1996
(I'm on the left with my quartet/instructor)

I got to sleep in the dorms like a college student - very cool!
~
BYU Music Camps were intense and fun. So intense I would usually get a "violin hickey" - a spot on the neck where the violin is placed that with a lot of practice will bring about a mark that looks just like a hickey. I always felt bad because it was hard for me to get one and I thought it was because I didn't practice enough but I later found out that it has more to do with your type of skin and it's reaction to the type of would your instrument is made out of. Nevertheless, 8 hours a day with my violin at BYU was enough for me to get one. Yeah!

No comments: