Thursday, July 31, 2014

Summer Student Activities

Every summer provides many fun opportunities for young musicians to learn and grow on their instrument.  During the 3rd week of June, one of my students attended Intermountain Suzuki String Institute (ISSI) here in Utah on a partial scholarship.  She was so motivated when she came home from working with Suzuki Teachers from around the world that she practiced consistently for long periods of time, just for fun!!!
One of her favorite classes was technique; the teacher called it... "Torture Class" 
Violin Fun Times! :)  Bow Hand Placement...
Another of my students participated in the Summer Strings Adventure Camp (SSAC) for her second year in-a-row; she rehearsed and performed movie-theme music with the orchestra for a concert that was held in conjuction with a fair, costume contest, face-painting, etc.  I took my boys to it and we had a blast!
My student dressed up as Elsa from Frozen 
 Concert at the Park ~ July 31, 2014

No comments: