Sunday, June 21, 2009

Intermountain Suzuki String Institute 2009

I got to attend ISSI 2009 for one day out
of the week long Suzuki summer camp.
Wednesday 06.17.09

I had 2 students attending this year.

We had lunch together and I had the privilege of
observing both of them with their teachers.

Picture with repertoire teacher, Koen Rens, from Belgium
(he is one of the funniest teachers; especially with his great accent!)
Picture with Terry Durbin
(an institute favorite coming to Davis County this fall!)
~
I LOVE observing great teachers do their thing. There are so many wonderful ideas that come from this and I'm inspired by their creativity and teaching expertise. There are six pages of notes to add to my growing notebook of observations which I put into my "teaching bible." I am so happy that 2 of my students were able to attend this year. Utah is blessed to have one of the best Suzuki institutes around!

No comments: