Sunday, March 15, 2009

Suzuki Teacher Training

Book 1 Teacher Training
ISSI - June 2005
Ed Sprunger
~
Book 2 & 3 Teacher Training
Apprenticeship - 2006
Jeanne Grover
~
Book 4 & 5 Teacher Training
ISSI - June 2006
Linda Fiore~
The really great thing about being a Suzuki Teacher is all the training that is offered (and required for active status). Each course is 15 hours of instruction, 8 hours of observation, and memorization of the repertoire. The acception is Book 1 which is twice the hours of instruction and observation plus a pre-requisite class: Every Child Can Learn. I am currently taking Book 6 Teacher Training from Jeanne Grover which, upon completion, will make me eligable to become an "advanced active teacher" with SAU. I am excited to be learning and growing as a teacher. I especially love the opportunities I have to observe great Suzuki teachers both locally and from around the world at institute each year. Special thanks to my teacher trainers who I have learned so much from!

No comments: